Another successful week of keeping it low key. Damn I’m winning at this shit (oh Katie it’s only been two weeks so yeah you are winning). I did meet up with Meagan a few times for dinner during the week but for the most part I had an amazing low key week. I think I was in bed before 10 pm each night which I could stand to go to bed a little bit earlier if I’m being completely honest. Now I had a realization that maybe I need to get up early (because that has worked so well in my past) and swim. At least I will have water time even if it is only for 45 minutes at a time.

Let me back up for a moment. I met my girlfriend Kassie at the YMCA to have her swim with me and tell me what I need to do different in my stroke. Called the two different Y’s next to me and her and both have pools that are closed from 5 until 7:30-8 at night. I even called the Y next to my work and they have the same thing going on. I asked the girl when the best time to actually come to swim. She said “anytime before 8:30am and anytime after 8pm but keep in mind that the pool does close at 9:45pm.” Really?!?! Ok this pisses me off for a couple reasons. First off, why in the FUCK do they close during prime time hours? And second, why in the fuck do I pay for a gym who closes the only thing that I use during prime time hours?!?! YMCA you need to get your shit together!

Wonderful just wonderful.

So Kassie and I met up anyway and she sort of gave me some pointers on form and how I should “feel” in the pool. I will say, her advice really helped. Maybe one day soon we will be able to swim together (insert eye roll here).

I was able to get in what I needed to get in during the week with the hopes of biking over the weekend however I knew this was going to be a challenge because I was going camping and we all know what means. Lots of beer drinking, food eating (we eat like kings while camping), sitting next to the stream, and late night fire conversations. I packed up my shit including my bike and my dogs and headed for camp Friday after work to meet up with the crew.

image2 (5)
Amy and my Jasper


image1 (13)
Me and Magpie!



image4 (1)
Happy Father’s Day to all of these guys!

Saturday morning came and it was a hot biznatch outside. We were actually under a heat advisory through the entire weekend and where I was going to ride was super hilly. My riding partner decided to have to much fun Friday night (I went to bed around 9:30-10) and woke up still drunk. He PROMISED me that we would get up early and hit the road Sunday so that we could ride when we got back. Knowing that I had left Sunday as my rest and recover day, I had a feeling this wasn’t going to happen but I had high hopes.

image2 (4).jpeg
The original Pioneers! 

Saturday was a lot of relaxing in the woods, which is something that I desperately needed. There was no cell service so that meant you just had to be present, here and now. I love that about camping. I never take naps but with how hot it was, our whole camp ended up napping the afternoon away. I woke up for a few hours to eat dinner then back to bed. I got more sleep on that camping trip then I’ve had in a really long time.

Sunday came and though we were up early, we didn’t end up leaving until later. Sometimes you just don’t want to rush to the end. When I got home, the chore of unpacking was upon me- the thing I dislike the most about camping. By the time I got all of my affairs in order, it was almost 5pm. I still hadn’t grocery shopped nor took care of my house duties so I knew the bike ride wasn’t going to happen. This saddened me but I will say it was a great weekend and a much needed one away from city life. Until the next camping trip!!